If you're looking for bluegrass and traditional music in the Hawaiian Islands, you've come to the right place. Our little community of music lovers from all over Hawai`i and the rest of the world is growing bigger every day. We're now offering paid memberships for only $10/year! Use your PayPal account or mail a check. Become a member today and support bluegrass and traditional music in the Aloha State! Or add yourself to our mailing list - it's FREE. CLICK HERE.
Any changes, corrections, or additions to this site? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll add, modify, or delete right away. Mahalo!
BLUEGRASS HAWAII ORGANIZATION
Feedback, Election Results, Membership Meeting
PLEASE GIVE A MAHALO TO OUR NEW BOARD MEMBERS!
- Jim Bersson
- Andy Char
- Ev Greene
- Bob Hayes
- Justin Murata
- Michelle Steuermann
- Jeb Wiemer
We would like to hear from you concerning the next Bluegrass in the Ko'olua, October 28 - 31. Would you like more open jamming during the day for those who are unable to camp? Did you miss the Band Scramble, or would you like the idea of having an open mic in place of it? If you enjoy the Scramble, would Saturday be a better fit for it? Please email email@example.com with all your ideas.
FOLKS, WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR AN ICE PERSON!. Without a volunteer to fetch ice we will no longer provide food!! Please consider it! Tasks and benefits include:
- Store the big ice chest at his or her place, and could use it in between campouts.
- Would get free membership in BGH.
- Would get preferred parking at campouts, plus use of a folding sawhorse to reserve the parking spot.
- Would need to get the ice (specifically, 8 blocks and 40 lbs of cubes; no substitutions) to the campout by 5:00 Friday. Ice can be purchased at Hawaiian Ice, near Pier 38.
Please email Andy Char at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer!
We are also entertaining the idea of a "Pau Hana" jam on Friday afternoon/evening at a central place such as Kapiolani Park. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in participating.
Haleiwa Joe's - Haiku Gardens, Kaneohe
46-336 Haiku Road, Kaneohe, 808-247-6671
Friday, May 27th 8:30pm-10:30pm
DON'T MISS THESE OTHER COOL EVENTS!Don't miss these OTHER cool recurring events, with focus on traditional music, here and there all over the Hawaiian Islands! Some happen monthly or even quarterly. Others have gatherings several times per month! All are listed on our RECURRING EVENTS page.
- First Monday of each month, Waihuena Farm, Sunset Beach (O`ahu)
- First Tuesday of each month at Big City Diner Jam in Kailua (O`ahu)
- Second Tuesday of each month at Ruby Tuesday's, near the Navy Exchange
- Second Saturday of each month at Rainbow Park, Makawao, Pickin' with the Chickens!
- Third Tuesday of each month at Surf and Sea, Haleiwa
- Fourth Sunday of each month, Bluegrass Hawaii Half-Fast Bluegrass Philharmonic Society,
Please contact Larry Hind at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Contradancers Of Hawaii (O`ahu)
- Traditional Music Jam (TradJam)--O`ahu
- First Saturday Pickin' & Potluck (Big Island)
- Maui Singalong Circle, contant Phil and Cris Peacock at email@example.com
- Contradancing on Maui
PURCHASE OR RENEW
YOUR MEMBERSHIP TODAY!
Your membership helps us support bluegrass through campouts, workshops, jam sessions, and promotion of Hawaii venues to visiting bands. And at just $10.00, it's a bargain!
TO JOIN OR RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP, please use the PayPal button below to use your credit or debit card, OR mail a check or money order for $10.00 to Bluegrass Hawaii, P.O. Box 861688, Wahiawa, HI 96786.
|BLUEGRASS HAWAII MEMBERSHIP (Just $10!):|
WHEN WE FIRST STARTED KEEPING TRACK: