If you're looking for bluegrass and traditional music in the Hawaiian Islands, you've come to the right place. Our little community of music lovers from all over Hawai`i and the rest of the world is growing bigger every day. We're now offering paid memberships for only $10/year! Use your PayPal account or mail a check. Become a member today and support bluegrass and traditional music in the Aloha State! Or add yourself to our mailing list - it's FREE. CLICK HERE.
Any changes, corrections, or additions to this site? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll add, modify, or delete right away. Mahalo!
BLUEGRASS HOLIDAY JAM & POTLUCK
St. Stephen's Episcopal Church
1679 California Avenue, Wahiawa
Saturday, November 29th, 1 pm - 7 pm
You're cordially invited to Bluegrass Hawai'i's fabulous HOLIDAY JAM & POTLUCK, on SATURDAY, November 29, 1-7 PM at St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, 1679 California Avenue in Wahiawa! As always, attendance at our jams is free, though donations are welcomed.
- Be prepared to participate in our first-ever Holiday Band Scramble!
- Bring your favorite potluck pupu, salad, entrée or dessert! We'll have soda, coffee and water available.
- We'll have door prizes, too! Please contact Caroline at 206-3459 or email@example.com if you or your company would like to donate a door prize to BH for our party. The more, the merrier!
- Wear your most obnoxious Christmas sweater...Wahiawa can be chilly!
- One last thing: please bring a few dollars for our 50/50 raffle and calabash bowl! (All donations will be split between Bluegrass Hawaii and our awesome hosts at St. Stephen's)
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR HOLIDAY JAM! Please help us make our holiday jam a huge success! We need a few good pickers and grinners to assist with chores like setup and cleanup, before and after our jam. Please contact Teresa at her email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 381-9619 if you are willing to lend a hand!
Hard Rock Cafe
280 Beachwalk, Honolulu, 808-955-7383
Tuesday, November 25th 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm
NORTH SHORE RAMBLERS and SAM AND THE SUMO NINJAZ
Waialua, North Shore Oahu
Sunday December 7th, 4 pm to 6 pm
That's right, folks, come on out to Waialua to see a double header of bluegrass! The Ramblers and Ninjaz will be playing independently, together, and who knows, any other combination that might spontaneously occur!
Please check out the Bandstands website waialuabandstand.com for more information.
PICKIN' WITH THE CHICKENS
Rainbow Part, Baldwin Avenue, Makawao
Saturday December 13th, 2 pm
Aloha Y'all, time to start gearing up, making notes of your favorite Bluegrass tunes, and hittin' the woodshed for practice. Our 2nd ever monthly jam is Saturday, December 13th, 2:00pm at Rainbow Park on Baldwin Ave. Most likely we will meet under the pavilion, but look for the crowd, listen for the noise!
Things to bring:
- Acoustic instruments
- Bluegrass fakebook and other bluegrass books and song lists
- Water or other beverages, (no coffee for Michelle)
- Friends and relations who enjoy playing or listening
- Jacket and/or raingear, just in case.
Hope to see all of you, remember BLUEGRASS RULES !
A Hui Hou, Pastor Harry
DON'T MISS THESE OTHER COOL EVENTS!Don't miss these OTHER cool recurring events, with focus on traditional music, here and there all over the Hawaiian Islands! Some happen monthly or even quarterly. Others have gatherings several times per month! All are listed on our RECURRING EVENTS page.
- First Tuesday of each month at Big City Diner Jam in Kailua (O`ahu)
- Second Tuesday of each month at Ruby Tuesday's, near the Navy Exchange
- Second Saturday of each month at Rainbow Park, Makawao
- Third Thursday of each month at Bonzer Front, Haleiwa
- Fourth Sunday of each month, Bluegrass Hawaii Half-Fast Bluegrass Philharmonic Society,
Please contact Larry Hind at email@example.com for information.
- Contradancers Of Hawaii (O`ahu)
- Traditional Music Jam (TradJam)--O`ahu
- First Saturday Pickin' & Potluck (Big Island)
- Maui Singalong Circle, contant Phil and Cris Peacock at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contradancing on Maui
PURCHASE OR RENEW
YOUR MEMBERSHIP TODAY!
Your membership helps us support bluegrass through campouts, workshops, jam sessions, and promotion of Hawaii venues to visiting bands. And at just $10.00, it's a bargain!
TO JOIN OR RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP, please use the PayPal button below to use your credit or debit card, OR mail a check or money order for $10.00 to Bluegrass Hawaii, P.O. Box 861688, Wahiawa, HI 96786.
|BLUEGRASS HAWAII MEMBERSHIP (Just $10!):|
WHEN WE FIRST STARTED KEEPING TRACK: